How to nail retargeting ads
Retargeting is a powerful acquisition tool for finance brands looking to convert clients and improve brand awareness. At the heart of it, retargeting is the method of showing online ads to clients that have visited your website within a set period of time. With the recent iOS 14.5 update, the way you can achieve a successful retargeting strategy has changed. Here we explain why your finance brand should invest in retargeting and how to accommodate the recent iOS update.
Ads retargeting: your finance brand’s secret weapon
Targeted and specific, ads retargeting is overall a successful acquisition strategy for finance brands when executed right. In fact, retargeted ads have 10x higher conversion rates than display ads. This is because retargeted ads are much better at identifying consumers that have buying intent from the get-go.
The click-through rate (CTR) of a retargeted ad is 10x higher than the CTR of a typical display ad.
Other reasons why ads retargeting should be a part of your overall financial marketing strategy include:
- 91% of marketers who have used retargeting have found it to perform the same as or better than search, email, or other display ads.
- The click-through rate (CTR) of a retargeted ad is 10x higher than the CTR of a typical display ad.
- 3 out of 5 online viewers notice and consider ads showing products they viewed from another page.
- Website visitors who are retargeted are 43% more likely to be converted.
- 25% of online viewers enjoy seeing retargeted ads.
How your finance brand can nail retargeting
Nailing ads retargeting is all about thinking strategically about the message that is served to users who have visited your website.
For Content marketing insights and tactics specific to the needs of financial marketers.
Three tips for finance brands to help nail ad retargeting:
- Be relevant – Ensure your advertising material is targeted to your audience and provides helpful information that’s tailored to their needs.
- Segment your audience – Select a specific market segment that aligns with your finance brand’s strategic marketing goals, whether that be acquisition or brand awareness.
- Employ personalisation strategies – Make sure your ads are tied to what the user was browsing on your site, such as a specific product or piece of content. For instance, if a user visits the ESG page on your website, you could serve ESG-related research and insights articles from your content hub or research centre.
How iOS 14.5 has changed ads retargeting strategies
Apple’s newest version of iOS has altered retargeting strategies significantly. This new update has introduced mandatory permission users have to grant to apps and websites to use their personal data. Whereas previously, apps and websites could access this personal data much easier. Owing to these changes, the size of your retargeting audience may decrease and you’ll no longer be able to target users who have denied personal data access via their iOS device.
What changes do you need to make to your finance brand’s ads retargeting strategy:
- Reduce your retargeting of mobile users by device and operating type
- Employ geotargeted advertising strategies
- Utilise other retargeting strategies that don’t rely on device identification such as email retargeting
At the end of the day, ads retargeting is a great method of improving brand awareness and converting clients. By delivering relevant and personalised ads after a client has viewed your site or social media, you are able to effectively nurture leads.